Cyberlibris celebrates its tenth anniversary: Ten years during which Cyberlibris relentlessly promoted and successfully developed an "all you can eat" subscription access to e-books.
Ten years, a time to celebrate that we surely won't miss!
Ten years, a time to consider a few milestones:
IN 2011, Cyberlibris represents:
- 400 institutions subscribing,
- A presence in over 30 countries,
- Books "brought" to locations where they were virtually inaccessible,
- Over 300,000 students have, as part of their studies, permanent online access to their digital library,
- Thousands of teachers guiding students through their bookshelves,
- Over 100 000 books sitting in individual shelves,
- Tens of thousands of users from public libraries,
- Access to e-books either via computer or via iPad,
- Last but not least, 300 publishing houses under contract: French, Belgian, Canadian, Spanish, English, American, Swedish, Italian ...
Since its first digital library went live in September 2003, Cyberlibris represents:
- Several generations of students who have discovered how e-books could leverage their studies,
- Tens of millions of pages of books read and / or printed and yielding royalties to publishers and their authors,
- The monetary equivalent of about two million print books sold that were otherwise either photocopied or unknown to students.
In 2011, Cyberlibris means ...more surprises to come:
- Chief among them of course Smartlibris,
- More to come .... Stay tuned...
Ten years of a patiently crafted adventure in the company of many partners whose confidence never wavered.
We wholeheartedly thank them!